Document SAFER is designed to protect classified internal data and sensitive documents in organizations. It prevents internal users from distributing internal information to unauthorized users through Floppy discs, CDs, flash drives, e-mail, etc. Unlawful distribution of companies' valuable knowledge and assets, such as blueprints, financial information, product R&D data, patents , new business plans and etc. are linked to direct revenue loss. Document SAFER was developed to resolve these problems as
an optimal solution with MarkAny's proprietary technology.
Document SAFER utilizes DRM technology to control the access to internal documents using Microsoft Office, Open Office, Adobe PDF, Images and Auto CAD drawing applications. Document SAFER enables an organization to grant authorized access rights over internal staff according to their levels of security and job responsibility. Every movement or activity (i.e., reading, saving, editing, printing, uploading, and downloading) can be monitored and traced by an administrator. Document SAFER typically integrates with existing enterprise systems, such as ECM, EDMS, ERP, KMS, BPMS, GW, etc. In those business environments, MarkAny provides the enterprise solution vendors with flexible and standard nterfaces.
Document SAFER can be employed and used by manufacturing corporations, government agencies, law firms, financial institutions, high-tech laboratories, new start-up ventures, and other various industries.
With the in-depth expertise and various experiences of MarkAny, Document SAFER aims to resolve business challenges arising from internal security breaches, and provides solutions to .
- Prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data
- Maintain control of data use
- Monitor and audit access to internal information
The effectiveness of Document SAFER is proven by our valuable customers with the key features listed below
- Variety : Document SAFER is compatible with various operating systems. In server side, it supports Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX and LINUX, and it also supports Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, 64bit OS, and Windows 7on the client side. It is applicable to commercial applications such as MS Office, MS Project and Visio, Open Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and AutoCAD Applications.
- Compatibility : Document SAFER can be implemented onto existing business platforms (i.e. ECM, KMS, EDMS, BPM, PDM, GroupWare and etc.). It supports international standard encryption algorithms (AES, 3DES, SEED, etc) and unicode for multi-lingual support.
- Reliability : More than 500 clients with successfully performed cases including consulting, financial services, government agencies, manufacturing, and health care industries. Document SAFER provides a profound reliability and is customizable to satisfy the different needs of customers.
Prevent premature disclosure of internal information and comply with industry regulations with Document SAFER
Encryption and Decryption Control
This is a fundamental function of Document SAFER to seal internal documents. With respect to this encryption scheme, an organization is capable of blocking any attempts of leakage through USB memory devices, emails, messenger programs, CDs, etc.
Supports mobile environment
Keeping pace with mobile 2.0 eras, Document SAFER supports document security on mobile devices such as Windows Mobiles. It continues to extend to Blackberry, i-hone,
g-phone and embedded Linux platform. It allows the user to have access to the internal business system with authentication and carry out the same business activities securely.
Customizable based on customer's requirements
Document SAFER is not only a packaged solution but also customization enabler. Document SAFER can be customized based on security requirements. MarkAny also offers security consulting services to analyze the customer's security requirements and help to settle the company's security policy.
User platform control
The function menu and clipboard in all client applications controlled by Document SAFER are restricted from unauthorized users who have no valid access rights. Document SAFER enforces the control of user access to internal documents, especially, preventing block-copy, screen capture protection, and blocking remote access out of Windows Remote Connection.
Enhanced access control
Access control that governs document handling (Open, Print, Edit, Save, Save As, Block-copy, etc), document tracking, expiry date control, offline policy and other security features can be applied diversely in an enterprise environment.
- Centralized access control using server DRM
- Personalized local access control using local encryption
- Enterprise level access control
- Group and subsidiary access control
- User level access control
- Folder level access control
- Multi-company access control
Enforced audit monitoring and log management
Internal documents are monitored by Document SAFER in all cases of document download, upload, open, edit, save, save as, and print. If the user attempts to use the internal document illegally, Document SAFER monitors the unlawful action and alarms the supervisor. In addition, Document SAFER provides invisible watermarking, which embeds hidden information into a company's logo image as well as visible watermarking. It enables the customer to track the document trail and protect hardcopies of documents.
Secured work collaboration and offline policy
In case of employees working at home or on an overseas business trip, there is risk and vulnerability with an offline work environment. Document SAFER provides document and PC take-out processes allowing the user to dispatch internal documents or PCs. The internal documents on an out-taken PC are still controlled by Document SAFER's client application based on offline policy.
Seamless Integration to various business systems
Enterprise organization uses many business platforms such as ECM, EDMS, BPMS, PMS, GW, ERP, CRM, KMS, EP, and EKP. Contrary to the limitation of other global vendors' IRM, Document SAFER can be easily integrated with existing business platforms using open-architecture interfaces. LDAP system, Active Directory System (ADS) for SSO are default options in Document SAFER.
How it Works
Document Protection & Access Control
Audit Monitoring & Hardcopy Protection
User Platform Control
Screen Capture Prevention
Benefit to Customers
Organizations will be benefited by
- Reduced risk by controlling tightly over users’ internal operation
- Enhanced reliability by safe-guarding clients’ databases
- Establishing an internally secured data exchange system
Top level of managerial board will be benefited by
- Safe-guarding the managerial level of communications by preventing any potential security holes to the outside
- Guaranteed consistency of security management by ensuring centralized authority assignment and control
- Tracing internal users (employees) through a secured authentication system and printed watermarking control
Security managers will be benefited by
- Instantly recognizing any attempts of corporate espionage and illegal use of documents
- Securing data acquisition and control with security policy
- Protect customer’s privacy information, high technical data, intellectual properties, etc
- Protect national security, internal information, government finances, and sensitive regulation, privacy information, military information, strategic policies, etc
- Protect customer’s privacy information, bank internal information, insurance contract information, etc
- High technical data, CAD drawings, project development information, company financial information, intellectual properties